1. When Howard Hughes built the biggest plane in history (out of wood) Hughes’ H-4 Spruce Goose Because of wartime rationing on strategic materials such as aluminum, the plane was built almost entirely out of wood. A skeptical press dubbed it “The Spruce Goose.” Hughes hated the nickname. H
- begin the day here
- good morning, coffee lovers
- Is the cemetery dead?
- The Refined, Scandalous Art of Japan’s Traditional Woodblock Tabloids
- What Is Consciousness?
- How the Enlightenment Ends
- International group of scientists suggest that octopuses might actually be aliens
- Lonely Road Signs of Namibia: Landscape Photography by Helin Bereket
- babes: gallery #2