Today’s picture is from the late 1800’s and shows two men after a successful fishing trip in a canoe. Notice that the canoe is outfitted with a rather comfortable looking chair. The shore is well laid out to get in and out of the boat, and it looks like they could just about do so without getting their feet wet. The picture was taken at Lake Gogebic, in Michigan. The fish are black bass.
- special for today: Top History News
- How to Teach Students Grit
- Why Are Ski Towns Seeing More Suicides?
- propaganda posters WWI
- A very bad sign for all but America’s biggest cities
- The “middle class” myth: Here’s why wages are really so low today
- How Militarized Cops Use the Intrusive Technology Stingray, and Much More, to Intrude on Our Rights
- The Most Intriguing Spy Stories From 166 Internal NSA Reports