Today’s picture is from the late 1800’s and shows two men after a successful fishing trip in a canoe. Notice that the canoe is outfitted with a rather comfortable looking chair. The shore is well laid out to get in and out of the boat, and it looks like they could just about do so without getting their feet wet. The picture was taken at Lake Gogebic, in Michigan. The fish are black bass.
- Paris, Texas, Distance and Almost No Humans in Wim Wender’s ‘Written in the West’
- The forgotten story of how Napoleon wanted to start a new life in America
- Does It Make Sense To Split The Check At A Restaurant?
- 3 science goodies
- Johann Hari on the War on Drugs | Five Books
- White Flight and Segregation
- Mom Tales
- This Woman Gets Students Accused Of Rape Back Into School — For A Price
- How the Brain Purges Bad Memories