August 1942. “Detroit (vicinity). Chrysler Corporation Dodge truck plant. Hundreds of deft operations are required to assemble and finish the long lines of Dodge Army truck bodies that move daily to final production lines.” Just one of the thousands of production lines that spelled doom for the Axis. Medium-format negative by Arthur Siegel, Office of War Information.
- Talking with—Not Just to—Kids Powers How They Learn Language
- POLITICS: the future lies ahead
- A surprising number of doctors were undergrad English majors — and it’s not just about GPA
- Abandoned: gallery
- Osteoarthritis: Could researchers have found the key to prevention?
- Stephen Shore’s MoMA Survey Shows a Restless Reformer as a Master of Photography
- A Twist in Our Sexual Encounters With Other Ancient Humans
- Modern mindfulness is rooted in a racist history