Today’s picture shows a vegetable stand in the Mercado Tocon in Havana. The picture was taken in 1904. I am not sure what type of melons those are in the foreground.
- Anthony Hernandez retrospective to open at SFMOMA – in pictures
- The Victorians bequeathed us their idea of an electric future
- The Glorious WW2 Posters of Patrick Cokayne Keely
- The last big frontier
- Could Our Universe Have Arisen From A Black Hole?
- Our ancestors chose reeds over grain when quitting nomadic life
- Stephen Hawking says most of our history is “the history of stupidity”
- Scientists Wonder If the Common Cold May at Last Be Beatable
- The Truth Brokers: How Science Gets Filtered