Houdini is remembered as an Escape Artist more than a Daredevil, but his stunts were very risky. In this picture from 1912, he was handcuffed, chained, put in a crate, which was chained, and then lowered into New York Harbor. He successfully escaped and emerged at the surface of the water. A number of people since his time have died trying to do some of his stunts. Houdini died from complications of being punched in the stomach when he was not expecting it.
- alfred steiglitz: 10 pictures
- Why millennials are facing the scariest financial future of any generation since the Great Depression.
- Major Report: Some Extreme Weather Can Only Be Blamed on Humans
- 1975-1985 New York cafeterias
- The stoned housewives of Washington, DC
- Holiday Cards
- Girls In Yoga Pants (39 pics)
- Vintage Christmas Alcohol Advertising