Houdini is remembered as an Escape Artist more than a Daredevil, but his stunts were very risky. In this picture from 1912, he was handcuffed, chained, put in a crate, which was chained, and then lowered into New York Harbor. He successfully escaped and emerged at the surface of the water. A number of people since his time have died trying to do some of his stunts. Houdini died from complications of being punched in the stomach when he was not expecting it.
- Uptown Rapture: Debbie Harry at the Carlyle
- GOODSTUFFs CYBER WORLD: GOODSTUFFs BLOGGING MAGAZINE (183rd Issue)
- Oscar Isaac – Hang Me, Oh Hang Me
- Class and family in America: Minding the nurture gap
- Is online dating a good idea? If so, which site should I choose?
- Mascots bring the spirit – The Big Picture
- Chronicles of an Affair with his Secretary, Found in an Abandoned Suitcase