Houdini is remembered as an Escape Artist more than a Daredevil, but his stunts were very risky. In this picture from 1912, he was handcuffed, chained, put in a crate, which was chained, and then lowered into New York Harbor. He successfully escaped and emerged at the surface of the water. A number of people since his time have died trying to do some of his stunts. Houdini died from complications of being punched in the stomach when he was not expecting it.
- [great collection of links etc]Charlottesville Syllabus: Readings on the History of Hate in America
- who speaks for populism?
- Candice Lauren nude in 15 photos
- (23) Can the circle be unbroken – The Carter Family – YouTube
- Charlottesville Trump Is Ready to Go Down in Flames
- America Is Struggling to Sort Out Where ‘Violence’ Begins and Ends
- dorathea lange