“He has all that virility,” Steve Bannon told The Spectator of London. “He also had amazing fashion sense, right, that whole thing with the uniforms.” Social media feeds lit up with quips about the homoerotic subtext of Bannon’s Mussolini crush. This may have been an unexpected instance of a connection made between fascism and gay masculinism, but it is hardly without precedent. If fascism has had an allure for gay men, it is anti-egalitarianism that provides the connective tissue—the belief that homosexuality belongs to an elite caste.
- how to get security clearance? have Trump sign off on it
- Philip Roth, The Art of Fiction No. 84
- Science Explains How the Iceman Resists Extreme Cold
- Surging numbers of Chinese people going abroad should be welcomed
- Invisible asymptotes
- The Shirk Report [lots and lots of goodies here]
- DoD: North Korea is Committed to its Nuclear Forces