Hundreds of dancers joined together in Moscow on 26.02.2012 to perform together a great flashmob of “Puttin’ on the Ritz”, a popular song written and published in 1929 by Irving Berlin, and introduced by Harry Richman in the musical film Puttin’ on the Ritz (1930). The title derives from the slang expression “putting on the Ritz” meaning to dress very fashionably. The expression was inspired by the swanky Ritz Hotel.
- 10 Vintage Trailers up For Sale just in time for a Summer Road Trip
- A Bigger Economic Pie, but a Smaller Slice for Half of the U.S.
- The Man Who Reduced Homelessness In Utah By 91%
- The most disruptive phase of globalization is just beginning, according to economist Richard Baldwin
- Picking Up the Piedmont Blues
- The US military has a terrifying history of conducting chemical experiments
- Emmett Grogan Digs To Tell The Truth And The Impossibility of Fair Play In Democratic Society Because Of Loneliness
- A new Tree of Life is challenging our ideas about vertebrate evolution