Hundreds of dancers joined together in Moscow on 26.02.2012 to perform together a great flashmob of “Puttin’ on the Ritz”, a popular song written and published in 1929 by Irving Berlin, and introduced by Harry Richman in the musical film Puttin’ on the Ritz (1930). The title derives from the slang expression “putting on the Ritz” meaning to dress very fashionably. The expression was inspired by the swanky Ritz Hotel.
- free download of Citizen Four
- Legend of Lead Belly. (2015) – A great exploration of Americana music. (youtu.be)
- Longform Archive: Wil S. Hylton:: 12 articles
- The Thrill of Defeat
- The terrifying rate at which smokers die from smoking
- Why so many women don’t enjoy sex as much as they could
- Rest In Peace, Mr. Spock