Hundreds of dancers joined together in Moscow on 26.02.2012 to perform together a great flashmob of “Puttin’ on the Ritz”, a popular song written and published in 1929 by Irving Berlin, and introduced by Harry Richman in the musical film Puttin’ on the Ritz (1930). The title derives from the slang expression “putting on the Ritz” meaning to dress very fashionably. The expression was inspired by the swanky Ritz Hotel.
- Bones, Artifacts From Ancient Americans Show Advanced Prehistoric Culture
- The photos of ‘Human Fly’ George Willig climbing the World Trade Center are beautiful and intense
- When image trumps ideology: How JFK created the template for the modern presidency
- Inside Saudi Arabia’s rehab centre for jihadists
- Stories of New Orleans: As Monuments Go Down, Family Histories Emerge
- The Malta Files: a European version of the Panama Papers, revealing a global web of corruption
- Why doesn’t America have universal health care
- He helped build the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. How did he end up dead in a landfill?