Hundreds of dancers joined together in Moscow on 26.02.2012 to perform together a great flashmob of “Puttin’ on the Ritz”, a popular song written and published in 1929 by Irving Berlin, and introduced by Harry Richman in the musical film Puttin’ on the Ritz (1930). The title derives from the slang expression “putting on the Ritz” meaning to dress very fashionably. The expression was inspired by the swanky Ritz Hotel.
- Thanksgiving | [a few nice articles]
- White House says true cost of opioid drug epidemic in 2015 was $504bn
- It’s the Kultur, Stupid | by Timothy Garton Ash [German populism]
- lots of goodies here
- Battered by extreme weather, Americans are more worried about climate change
- How to Tell If You’re a Jerk
- Kate’s Still Here