Hundreds of dancers joined together in Moscow on 26.02.2012 to perform together a great flashmob of “Puttin’ on the Ritz”, a popular song written and published in 1929 by Irving Berlin, and introduced by Harry Richman in the musical film Puttin’ on the Ritz (1930). The title derives from the slang expression “putting on the Ritz” meaning to dress very fashionably. The expression was inspired by the swanky Ritz Hotel.
- Cellphone radiation can cause cancer: study
- Secret Memo Reveals US Was Aware Of Americans Killing Zimbabwe Lions; Only Concern Was Getting Caught
- Meet the World’s Most Controversial Inflatable Yellow Duck
- The invisible: how China deals with mental illness – in pictures
- 10 Things I’d Tell My Former (Medicated) Self
- This new theory finally explains why men love breasts
- Astonishing drought unveils lost towns that have sat under Lake Mead for decades