Riccardo Manzotti: We must distinguish between internalism as an approach to the problem of consciousness (the idea that it is entirely produced in the head) and neuroscience as a discipline. The neuroscientists have made huge progress in mapping out the brain and analyzing the nitty-gritty of what goes on there, but the way they describe their experiments by way of a computer analogy—in particular of information processing and memory storage—can give the mistaken impression that they’re getting nearer to understanding what consciousness is.
- post secret
- Memorial weekend bonus gallery
- Florida undersea memorial to honor lost U.S. submariners
- Ancient wisdom reveals 7 rituals that will make you happy
- Is it a wolf? A hybrid? Mysterious furry creature shot in Montana
- Another AI-powered device gets the FDA’s blessing
- Will This Hemp-Based Oil Replace Opioids & OTC Pain Relievers?
- babes gallery
- stuff: a gallery