Hans Fallada based his novel Alone in Berlin on the case of Otto and Elise Hampel, who attacked Hitler’s regime during the second world war with a series of postcards left in public places around Berlin. They were caught, imprisoned and executed in 1943. Here we gather together images of wartime Berlin and of some of the postcards preserved in the police file given to Fallada by Johannes Becher
- Chinese Tourists Cram China’s Biggest Pool
- ‘It’s a matter of survival’: the black Americans fighting for gun rights
- Breaking News — ScienceDaily
- Washington, D.C. Mormon Temple – Kensington, Maryland
- What Happens to the U.S. Midwest When the Water’s Gone?
- Study tracing ancestor microorganisms suggests life started in a hydrothermal environment