In 1947 the Catechetical Guild Educational Society in St. Paul, Minnesota put out this warning against Communist infiltration. The inside cover provides this dire statement: “The average American is prone to say, “It can’t happen here.” Millions of people in other countries used to say the same thing…. Today they are dead – or living … Continue reading “Is This Tomorrow? A Red Scare Comic Book from 1947”
- begin the day here
- good morning, coffee lovers
- Is the cemetery dead?
- The Refined, Scandalous Art of Japan’s Traditional Woodblock Tabloids
- What Is Consciousness?
- How the Enlightenment Ends
- International group of scientists suggest that octopuses might actually be aliens
- Lonely Road Signs of Namibia: Landscape Photography by Helin Bereket
- babes: gallery #2