Over the next two blogs I want to introduce you to and look at the life of one of the finest 18th century French female portraitist, Élisabeth-Louise Vigée Le Brun. In my initial blog about her I want to examine her early life and show you three of her self portraits and in the following blog I will conclude her life story and tell you about her friendship with Marie-Antoinette, her exile from the land of her birth and relate how I was once again unfaithful having been seduced by a new beauty ! Sounds interesting ?
- Which Rock Star Will Historians of the Future Remember?
- How the Kleptocrats’ $12 Trillion Heist Helps Keep Most of the World Impoverished
- 20 Great Books to Read While High
- 10 Tribes That Are The Last Of Their Kind
- Joy Episalla’s TV Sets is a series that reflects on a photographer’s travel in the world.
- Parting the Waters of the City of Jerusalem in the Siloam Tunnel of King Hezekiah
- The Startling Beauty of Scarecrows
- vintage everyday
- bruce conner photography