Editor’s note: We’ve all heard of the great divide between life in rural and urban America. But what are the factors that contribute to these differences? We asked sociologists, economists, geographers and historians to describe the divide from different angles. The data paint a richer and sometimes surprising picture of the U.S. today.
- Thanksgiving | [a few nice articles]
- White House says true cost of opioid drug epidemic in 2015 was $504bn
- It’s the Kultur, Stupid | by Timothy Garton Ash [German populism]
- lots of goodies here
- Battered by extreme weather, Americans are more worried about climate change
- How to Tell If You’re a Jerk
- Kate’s Still Here