Scientist Stephen Hawking is known for his groundbreaking work with black holes and relativity, and is the author of several popular science books including ‘A Brief History of Time.’ He has died peacefully at the age of 76 at his home in Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday (March 14, 2018).
—“We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today,” Lucy, Robert and Tim Hawking, the children of the physicist, said in a statement announcing his death. “He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years.”
—Below are some of fascinating vintage portraits of a young Stephen Hawking at his college on May 17, 1963.
- How to catch fish
- helmut newton: breast assortment
- Cristina BanBan: Painting A Moment In Time
- Mercenaries Fighting a Class War
- Music’s Fentanyl Crisis: Inside the Drug That Killed Prince and Tom Petty
- What does running do to your brain?
- the Shumeyko twins: a gallery
- Is This Scientific Breakthrough The Fountain Of Youth We’ve Been Waiting For?
- Study reveals new cause of depression